Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week 1 is in the books

It's the little things in life that make a person most proud. I just finished with my last run of week 1 training. It felt really good. I've got a couple days off now before I start week 2 on Tuesday. This is a little different from what I have done in the past. Usually I start things off on a Monday. I realize now that I was setting myself up to fail by doing that. Who in their right mind would want to add yet another thing to their plate on Manic Monday?? I would definitely be more apt to talk myself out of training on Mondays. :)
Today is a really cold and wet/gloomy day out and I was sooooo tempted to stay cuddled into bed. Then, my boyfriend and I decided we're going to make a trip up to the Seattle area to go visit his Mom. Hmmm?? Long drive....should I skip the run and head out to get there sooner???  Nope, not this time. I took the time to go finish the week of training I set out to complete. What's an extra 20 minutes?
I felt really great during today's training. I picked up my pace. I've been brisk walking at a 3.8 on the treadmill and day 1 I ran at a 4.3 pace, not too much faster than a walk. Day 2 I had picked it up to a 4.8 and that felt good but today I ran at a 5.8 and it felt amazing!!!  I don't want to push it too hard until my lungs learn how to open up and I learn to do "recover while running" techniques. That is where you don't walk to recover, you slow your pace and breathing which allows your body that same recover feeling, This allows you to cover the distance. I am gonna build that endurance. I know the day I am able to do that will be a joyous occasion.
Well, I better finish my banana and blog and go get ready to head to Seattle. Thanks for allowing me to continue to share my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment